As the Baby Boomer generation gets older, it is more important than ever to make sure that we are providing our seniors with the highest level of care. On the other hand, it is clear that seniors benefit physically and psychologically by staying in their homes and preserving their independence for as long as they are able. If you are wondering when to look for in-home care for a loved one, we can help.
At HomeCentris Frederick, we are dedicated to the proposition that in-home health care can not only be empowering for seniors but can also be administered to the highest standards. But the question of when to look for in-home care for a loved one is not necessarily easy to answer.
When to Look for In-Home Care for a Loved One
If you are wondering when to look for in-home care for a loved one, there are several important indicators. If the senior in your life is having trouble in any of the following areas, it is worth reaching out to an in-home care provider like HomeCentris Frederick in order to assess their situation and come up with solutions.
- Home maintenance: They are having trouble managing the household. Signs might include the failure to pay bills and keep up with rent or mortgage payments, as well as more minor things like replacing lightbulbs and collecting the mail or newspaper.
- Medication and medical care: They are forgetting to take pills or not taking them at the proper times. They are missing or unable to remember doctor’s appointments.
- Nutrition: They have gained or lost weight unexpectedly. They are skipping meals or eating meals that are unhealthy.
- Self-care: They have stopped taking care of themselves or monitoring their appearance. They are not bathing regularly and are disheveled.
- Medical condition: They have recently been diagnosed with a medical condition that requires care. As a result, they can no longer live on their own without a caregiver.
- Memory and demeanor: They have begun to forget small things. They have become irritable, moody, or inconsistent in terms of behavior.
Of course, none of these by themselves may be cause for concern. But if you have been asking yourself when to look for in-home care for a loved one, the above list is an excellent place to start.
Don’t Do It Alone
You have already taken the first step by exploring when to look for in-home care for a loved one. The essential next step is to get all of the information you can, and to intervene as early, avoiding the need for more comprehensive care down the line.
Needing a little extra help is nothing to be ashamed of. A trusted in-home healthcare service like the one at HomeCentris Frederick can give the senior in your life the chance to continue to live independently, surrounded by the people and places they love, while getting the care they need. If you have been wondering when to look for in-home care for a loved one, call HomeCentris Frederick at 855.886.8710. You’ll be glad you did.